I THINK, I HADN’T ENCOUNTERED HAPPINESS



I THINK, I HADN’T ENCOUNTERED HAPPINESS
In my life account I couldn’t say even once I didn’t come across the pleasure. Since my coming to the world to my childhood, girlhood and my married life my laughter is lesser than anything.
My real name that my father Malam Tanimu named me Dije but because of I was borne on Tuesday my grandmother nicknamd me Talatu which is gone with me up to my adulthood. My real name was slowly hidden due to the influences of my nickname.
I was got married with an infamous  person in our town that is many awful blames are to him in sector of his occupation and his behavior. He is an affluent in the town and has turban rank in the town king palace, furthermore, my husband has a favour in our government that is why his business is dealing of illegal drugs and others without interference of government he performed his business well.
Despite of my mother died when I was three years old my mother’s co-wife used to childrearing me but the terrible treatment gave me made me consider her as my ever for.
With me there were my stepsiblings which all of them were my elders but she several time used to suffer me with all house working such as sweeping, taking waste from bore hall, washing plates and others since from three year up to thirteen years.
When I reach thirteen years, I am like slave at my father’s house and even showing love from my father is not it as a result of my step mother treat me how she like and she hate me at all since her hatred with my late mother. At that age I started thinking what will bring me into elation, I thought that only marriage could change my life into bliss because I saw my friends at that time got marriage.
  The fact of being my father is poor, he and his wife started thinking about how they get me marriage. My stepmother has a friend Laraba, one day she incited her about my current bad husband, she insinuate her that there is an affluent Alhaji who has reached almost fifty years but single, she advise her to go to the soothsayer that would catch the opinion of Alhaji to give them money an date me despite of they were aware about his huge bindles of bad behaviors which made his unmarried.
My horrible day restarted when get marriage to this infamous person whom they used to get money. Since from his age and mine these is an unfit marriage these is not considerable the appealing issue is how he beat me every morning and night because he is drunkard. There is adequate foodstuff at the home but not used for me because he said in my house we are poor can’t eat three times a day or having delicious food.
During my 18 years in tears one day he came back at 1:00am midnight he told me something “Do you know what is called co-wife?” I said “Yes” what do you mean by that “I mean, I will add another marriage of one orphan girl her uncle give me” rather than been delighted even because I will leave loneness but I became enraged. I hadn’t said something loud before him due to fear but this time I shouted “It will never be existed”.
He started beating me up to removing my two line plait then decided to cut all my hair after he broke my left leg all because I shouted him. He gave me two option to leave his home or to sit in one room near the gate of his house now because of I am nervous of our home living chose to live in this room like a beggar. I didn’t think there is more eastacy in my life.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT I EXPERIENCED AT FREEDOM RADIO