WHAT I EXPERIENCED AT FREEDOM RADIO



WHAT I EXPERIENCED AT FREEDOM RADIO
It is widely known in Nigeria,that the first private radio station in northern Nigeria is freedom radio. Due to, it’s a local medium has abundant important in building up the democracy or advancing of citizens’ rights especially in northern region.
In all honesty, I chose freedom radio as a place of attachment by choice not by chance, because of their suffice in intellectual bureaucrats, like Mal. Usman Usman, Aishatu Bello Mahmud, Garzali Yakubu etc.
After following the criteria  to be an I.T student in 2nd January,2017, I became a member of freedom  radio  at that day, I was elated for my accessibility to freedom from Kano Poly for three months  training.
My working or training at freedom radio Kano as other parts of life, I encountered a lots of enticing things that provoked me overjoyed in another hand  there was something that was abysmal but the exciting thing is between all staffs and I were not any rumpus.
Meeting with renowned people is one of the interesting thing I experienced at the place, including the famous people I saw which before was not, there was firstly, D.S.P Magaji Musa Majiya in a certain discussion at his office. Secondly, Dr. Mustapha Muhammad Inuwa the Katsina State secretary to the government that he and I were snapped picture together. The most important encounter to me is that with Professor Yahuza Bello a current V.C of Bayero University, Kano in a press conference gathered by the school authority. In that I succeeded to have hand shaking with him and many photos were captured. Among the people, chairman of Kano State vigilant group, King of Abubakar Rimi Market Alh..Nuhu Indaboand many others.
In terms of learning, new things I learnt is countless indicating from writing report how to translate a news story into Hausa? How to find some data or information on an internet? How to present my report in a recording studio? Resembling these, many I learned. That now I can teach somebody.
Is a story itself, the awful issue I came across it despite it’s just single but it’s unforgettable to me.  As working days, one Wednesday I went to my I.T place and my work was given as usual, at that day I was very over the moon an account of completion of my  work effortlessly and successfully without many interference of the guidre and appraise  me over the quality of the work. incidentally, I went back home before the usual time I was leaving, after I backed home I took out everything heavy from my pocket in avoidance of laying on them I laid down to have a rest accidentally I heard a sound of ring tone of mobile phone that I don’t know rapidly I checked where its and I saw it. Fearfully,  I picked up the call with the confusion of what brought it to my room afterr I believe that I come with  it in my pocket. The caller told me that the phone was belong to him and he is Abdullahi Isah from Freedom radio then I told him I was coming to give him the phone but the twist is what brought it to my pocket up to date I don’t have an answer and the unfortunate thing was if I were called before I leave the station what would happen? And how can I exonerate myself as an honest not thief.




THREE MONTHS I.T AT RADIO KANO
It is best opportune industrial training place for a student of mass communication in Kano in comparison of others. Radio Kano added more and more effort of displaying us how the work supposed to move. 
The Radio I am talking about is an ownership of the Kano state government and it is the oldest that aged more than fifty years. Radio Kano is located at the house called Bello Dan Dago in Ibrahin Taiwo  road near Olesegun Obasanjo  bridge
Our school candidates that had gone to radio Kano are more than others .nevertheless, our accession   did not avert our learning apart from embolden us to boost more effort in learning.
I got five days of going at each week, rather than another media that gave two or three days. This help me learning important items like writing a report, translate into Hausa from English, going outside to find a news report and voicing gave me very pleasure.
What I am not satisfied about radio Kano is how we reach it at a time that it is trying to be wiped out like Triumph. Since it is government property means it’s public for everybody belongs to Kano. Radio Kano has large working materials but, like there are not because the time we arrived only Kano 2 F.M was working while Kano 1 A.M was in stoppage


 

 



WHEN I WAS AT RAHAMA RADIO
I felt very delighted when I found myself at RAHAMA radio as a student for learning work because at that time my aspiration is to get myself at a one of the radio stations as a trainee that would lead to me a skilled reporter. My dream came to reality.
RAHAMA radio located at behind bank of the North, Zaria road, Kano .it is a silent place that resulted in a less passers-by. My first attendance to the place, I felt afraid about how could II leave the place at the evening without any form of painful act or extortion.
My good-looking three months training gave birth to many talents I procured that had not before. I learned a lots of experiences at Rahama radio that I can say only two things were not normal on my heart, one, it may be in any media and one I considered it only in our media organization.
The best issue admired me was showing writing news formula and trying to practice what we had learned in our school lecture time in theory, going out together with reporters to search for a news story or idea of a report.
  In other hand, the terrible considered from our place of attachment is lack of giving opportunity to present a report in a studio while our colleagues in other media organization presented. And what I considered as a general problem is receiving a brown envelope timely after interviewing some person.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I THINK, I HADN’T ENCOUNTERED HAPPINESS